Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Playlist of my Heart - Part 1

I love music. I'm at my best when I hear melody. I just can't imagine my life without songs. I may not be a very good singer, but I can still sing a few lines especially during videoke nights. And here are some of the tracks which are included in the playlist of my heart:


1. Light and Shade by Fra Lippo Lippi

Be proud to wear the colours that you call your own
Be loud, speak out when the world to know
Be strong, hold the flame for everyone to see
Be weak, if you want to love.

This is my care-free song. It brings me back to places in the past, more of happy memories that I want to revisit over and over again. When I sing this, it reminds me of good old times with closest friends. The best line in this song for me is “Be weak if you want to love.” Giddy it may sound, I’m a person who puts her heart on her sleeves. It’s fulfilling, because I know I’ve given my best shot when it comes to love. Though sometimes I have to learn the hard way, I never regret anything, and I’d surely risk again if I want to love and be loved in return.

2. Linger by Cranberries

But I’m in so deep. You know I’m such a fool for you. You got me wrapped around your finger. Do you have to let it linger? Do you have to, do you have to, Do you have to let it linger?

I’ve heard this song many times, but I got to appreciate it only when I watched the movie “Click.”This movie teaches us that life is too short, so let your loved ones feel that you value them. I cried when I watched this movie, and when I heard “Linger”, I cried the more. The song reminds me to grab the chances given to us to express how we truly feel for our dear ones. Let your love linger!


3. You Don’t Know Me by Michael Buble

You give your hand to me
Then you say hello
I can hardly speak
My heart is beating so
And anyone can tell
You think you know me well
But you don't know me

This song is just so romantic, period. It sends shiver to my spines. I’d surely melt. This song just sweeps me off my feet.


4. You’re still you by Josh Groban

I look up to
Everything you are
In my eyes you do no wrong
I've loved you for so long
And after all is said and done
You're still you
After all
You're still you

Recently, I’ve discovered through my sister how relaxing Josh Groban music is. I was never a fan of Josh Groban but there was one time when I was so stressed that I got the chance to listen closely to some of his songs when I was staring blankly at the ceiling. This is just one of his songs that I’ve learned to love. It detoxifies me. I don’t know exactly how I feel everytime I listen to it, but I feel “revitalized” perhaps. It seems that angels are carrying me to heavens.


5. She by Elvis Costello

She
May be the song that summer sings
May be the chill that autumn brings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day

This was the song that played during my 18th birthday, that’s why this is so memorable to me. I would never forget that feeling I had as I wore my pink gown and walked like a princess just for that night. That experience with family and close friends was priceless.


6. Hero by Enrique Iglesias

I can be you hero baby
I can kiss away the pain
I will stand by you forever
You can take my breath away

I was once a damsel in distress, and I had my hero. This is one of those special songs I hold in my heart because it let me feel taken care of. I knew how it felt to be helpless and having someone to just be there for you is more than enough. This song is brimming with passion and for me, unconditional love.


7. Just Another Woman in Love by Anne Murray


I'm strong, I'm sure, I'm in control, a lady with a plan
Believing that life is a neat little package I hold in my hand
I've got it together, they call me "the girl who knows just what to say and do"
Still I fumble and fall, run into the wall, 'cause when it comes to you, I'm
Just another woman in love


I know this is a very melodramatic song of a hopeless romantic woman, but for some reason, I love singing this during karaoke nights. I can sing it with gusto, with matching facial expression. I think I like this song because as my friends say, it seems that I’m always a woman in love. Sometimes stupid, foolish, gullible, but nevertheless, full of love!


8. Swept Away by Christopher Cross

I never had anything happen so fast
I took one look and I shattered like glass
I guess I let it show 'cause your smile told me you knew
That you're everything I ever wanted at once
There's no holding this heart when it knows what it wants
And I never wanted anything more than to know you


I am a fan of whirlwind romance. Something that’s unexpected is always a lovely surprise. This song can simply make me fall in love a hundred times.


9. Angels by Robbie Williams

And through it all she offers me protection
a lot of love and affection
whether I’m right or wrong
and down the waterfall
wherever it may take me
I know that life wont break me
when I come to call she wont forsake me
I’m loving angels instead

I didn’t know this song, until someone dedicated this song to me. I was touched when he sang this to me, and I’ll forever remember that. I don’t even think of myself as angelic, but I guess I had this certain effect on him which made him feel that I was his angel. Even if he’s not with me anymore, I’m grateful to have been an angel at least once in my life.

10. Take a Chance on me by Abba

I fell in love with this song when I watched Mamma Mia. It’s a feel good romantic movie that thrills me. When I listen to this song, it carries me to places I’ve never been. I’d love to go around the world and take countless chances to live each day as if it's my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment