Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Still counting

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”

Yes, sometimes we complain about what's missing in our life, that we tend to overlook many chances to be happy. When times get hard, we fail, or sometimes refuse to understand why we have to go through a certain problem or dilemma. Sometimes it's hard to see through God's plans that we question Him for not having everything we want. But if we just pause for a while and reflect, it's surprising that there's a lot to be thankful for.

Everytime I feel sad, I remind myself of the blessings that I received. Despite the losses, there were gains. Inspite of the tears there were laughters. And even if I had too much heartache, I realize that life is so beautiful after all, because there is love if only you choose to love and be loved (cliche! hehe).

I'm counting my blessings starting this year, and I do hope to count them regularly. Despite the bad and low times, there were definitely a lot of good and happy times:

1. We lost our small business that my mom has enjoyed managing for the past 1 /1/2 years, but at least, our legal battle with some of our relatives finally ended. No more sleepless nights and financial worries. I told my mom that we don't need the unnecessary stress and pain. We survived without that lot and business that almost everybody in our clan is claiming, then we will still survive. God will provide.

2. I'm still saddled with a few loans because of my sister's tuition fee and other house expenses, but at least, my sister finally graduated from college. Now I can slowly repay all my loans. I wanna live a debt-free life... I am now seriously saving for a property, vacation, and wedding! Haha goodluck.

3. I wasn't able to go to the beach at all during summer, but at least I'll be going to Palawan before this year ends. I missed the beach!

4. Two of my closest friends went abroad this year. I'm still not used to the idea that they're out there in a far away land. Sometimes I feel that they're just a call or text away. But at least, I got to see another two good friends this year- one is based in the US and she came back here after 7 long years, while one is based in Abu Dhabi as a flight attendant- we barely see each other even if she ferries back and forth from her homebase to Manila.

5. Early last year, I finally ended an on and off relationship that lasted for almost 9 years. Yes it surely made me devastated, since our separation was not that smooth as I expected it to be. But.. not AT LEAST.. but THANK THE LORD... Mascot came into my life during the most unexpected time. I can't say a lot to explain how happy and loved he made me feel, and is making me feel up to now. My exact feelings are beyond words that sometimes it's a bit surreal for me. I'm just thankful that I have found the one person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. After all that I've been through, I'm grateful that God gave him to me. HE'S THE BEST GIFT I GOT THIS YEAR. :)


Let's count our blessings and be happy! :)

1 comment:

  1. naks, sinisipag mag-post ah! hahaha. but that's good, gratitude is always the best attitude nga daw. ;) and of course, the best blessing is and always will be love,love,love! apir! :)

    ReplyDelete